Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Depression vs.Anti-Rape or I'm Indecisive and Can't Choose a Topic

My indecisive-ness is a curse. Along with being insanely short, but that's completely irrelevant. I'm only lucky when it comes to surprise project extensions.

After doing some research, I learned some facts about depression and anti-rape. These are two issues I have strong emotions towards, which is why it's difficult for me to make a decision on what I should base my poster off of.
Depression ad campaigns:

 
 
 
These were a few of the more interesting depression ad campaigns that I found on the internet. They all use a dark or black and white color scheme. The copy used in all of them is serious and minimal, but get the point across. Even though they have a serious tone, they also incorporate a sense of hope or encouragement into their overall message.

Anti-rape ad campaigns:
 
With this topic, I like that there is a variety of ways to convey this message. While doing research I realized that the images regarding this anti-rape seem to be more provocative. The copy in most ad campaigns either promote consent, mention different ways of saying no, or just simply state that lack of consent is rape. Similar to the depression ads, these ones also follow a darker color scheme and minimalism. 

Other things I've been considering in regards to choose a topic are finding the right images I want to use to convey my message on either one. I have a few ideas for copy on both topics but it heavily relies upon how I can visually represent it. If all else fails I'll end up trying to start two separate ones and see which one turns out better. 









No comments:

Post a Comment