Monday, April 15, 2013

NYLON + Me = Forever

Fashionably late as always, but not too irrelevant I hope. 

As an avid magazine reader since my early teen years, I've always been slightly aware of the lessons and details that we've been learning in class throughout the semester. There's just something about counting down the days until the beginning of the month to grab the latest issue of a fashion magazine that will always excite me. I could flip through those glossy pages and sip coffee forever if I could

I can switch it up of course too. Magazines about movies, TV, etc. amuse me too. I'll flip through a GQ every now and then because of all the gorgeous well dressed men that should marry me of the great articles that give me a better insight of how a grown man's brain operates. I even take those silly quizzes at the end of every Cosmopolitan (don't even get me started on Cosmo. to be continued.) 

But the one magazine that will always have my heart is NYLON. I picked up my first issue when I was around 16 and I haven't missed an issue since. It's more than just a fashion magazine. It's packed with articles about pop culture, music, film, television, books, travel, and other fun stuff. Every page is full of fun vibrant layouts and fonts. They even incorporate illustrations, which adds visual variety. Each column has its own personal flair to it and the main stories have a way of gripping your attention visually with both text and photography.

It truly appeals to ladies (and guys too, they have a men's version - NYLON Guys) of all ages due to its unique aesthetics and its trendy content. NYLON reader for life. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment