Thursday, May 9, 2013

Project Number 3

 
I eventually decided to go with the topic of depression for my third project because it effects my life and the lives of other people that are close to me. This experience made writing my copy pretty easy. I wanted the message to be taken seriously but still be encouraging and positive. 

The copy inspired the type of image that I wanted to chose. I was thinking something along the lines of a lonely person looking lost in a crowd. This wasn't my exact thought but I liked it so much better. The color of the girl's hair inspired me to incorporate it into my copy. To me, this color also kind of symbolizes some sort of sadness or melancholy which is relevant to the subject. 

I didn't think I had too many problems putting this together since I took a simpler approach. I thought the image looked better on screen than printed out. It could've been worse but still. During the critique it was mentioned that I should've reversed the sizing of the copy on top with the fact in the middle. I couldn't agree more. At first, I really didn't want to use that grey strip of background for the URL but after seeing it in print it looked a lot better. 

I'm glad someone pointed out that rubber ducky because it wasn't as noticeable on screen but hilariously noticeable in print. Perhaps she isn't as alone as I assumed she was. This has all the makings of an indie movie: a quirky troubled girl and her rubber duck conquering the world one roof top at a time. I'll get on that screenplay over the summer.

In all seriousness, I've been reminding myself of this new little saying and I hope it'll help someone else out too. But seriously, if you're feeling depressed  or know someone who is go talk about it. Go to the website I posted or you know what you can even talk to me if you think everyone else in your life sucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment