Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cosmetic Product Designs

Is anyone even surprised I'm making a post about make up? Probably not. As a consumer, packaging really does mean a lot to me. Cosmetics are intended to bring out your natural beauty. So of course I want my products to look as pretty as my face is going to be. I use these products everyday so I want something cute sitting in my make up bag or purse since I have to look at it all the time (and spend a pretty penny on). These are some of the products I love and use and some that I wish I could find and afford.


Kitty lipstick. I was obsessed the second I saw it on tumblr. I'm not sure if this is still sold at Urban Outfitters. Not only are the tubes decorated in quirky dainty wallpaper like designs, but the lipstick itself is shaped as a kitty face! The only downfall to this design is that the kitty face is obviously not going to last forever. If I ever bought this it'd probably end up being one of those purchases that just sit there because I don't want to ruin how pretty it looks. I'd feel a little guilty smooshing the kitty face onto my lips everyday until it becomes a regular looking lipstick.

Not only does this brand of perfume smell incredible, it looks adorable. This is an Anthropologie product favorite. I bought this bottle for my mother because she's a perfume fanatic. It's definitely the most unique looking bottle in her collection. The top is a pin cushion that comes with a few pins, more pins are sold separately. I believe the mini-solid version also comes as a push pin. I love this design because it's very vintage and even a little function-able. Don't tell my mom but I totally still borrow this fragrance every now and then.

Fairydrops is one of my favorite mascaras I've ever used (which reminds me I totally need to re-stock). The design is just as whimsical and unique as the product. It's shiny, who can resist shiny things? The cartoon-ish designs kind of poke fun at the ridiculous result you get from this mascara if you over do it.


Topshop takes a more minimal approach to their packaging designs. Everything is packaged in white and the typeface and graphic design they use look like everything was drawn on with make up. I think it's cute and doesn't distract consumers from the product themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment