Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Deliciously Dressed Needs a Makeover

After tomorrow it's summertime! Which means I'll be able to work on fun projects again, like focus more on my blog. (just wait until I finally buy my DSLR!)

The final thing I need for my blog to look more professional is a brand spankin' new fancy layout! I'm currently using one of the free ones offered on Wordpress. I was really diggin' it until I browsed around and found at least 5 other blogs in my category with the same one. If I want to be taken seriously, I need something a little more unique and personal in order to stand out. There are a couple things I need to factor in before choosing one. 

Issue 1: Money. The nicer the layout the more they cost of course. If I have to spend any money (which I probably will) I'd rather not spend over $40. 

Issue 2: Needs to complement both text and photos. My written content is just as important as my photos. While researching some layouts I realized that most layouts compliment one or the other. 

Issue 3: Mobile layout. A lot of layouts look much nicer on computer screens than mobile devices. I also update and check my stats from my phone pretty often. 

and most all look pretty, organized, and complement my personal style! :) 

Luckily for me, Amy sent me a few sites a few that had some awesome layouts that I like so far and seem to go along with 


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment