Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Final Brochure!


 
At last! It's finally complete! This brochure separates me from summer vacation! Since it was our last project and we had more creative freedom, I wanted to do something fun. I figured I'd take some of the misery out of one of my finals. I ended up doing a fashion related tutorial. I learned this from one of my favorite fashion bloggers, Keiko Lynn. I changed maybe one or two steps to my liking. I took all the photos myself, thank goodness for self timer apps on the iphone. The idea is that this is part of a series of brochures (maybe I'll get bored and continue this idea over the summer) 

When I first started out, I just had a plain pink background. It just looked dull and a little corny with all of my other girly color choices and designs. I fixed this by picking out a wallpaper from the internet and using that as my background. I thought it complemented my color scheme and went along with the theme I was going for. I also originally planned to have 3 tutorials instead of one. I didn't go through with this because I realized the pictures would be difficult to see and wouldn't look as nice. The typefaces I used were Cooper Black and Futura. I can't remember the exact names I used for the script fonts. 

There were a few differences between how it looked on screen and how it looked on paper. I'm not sure if it was just the printer I used but the yellow font I used in part of my directions text box didn't come out. Luckily, I had the more important text in black which was readable. There were also some spacing issues that I had and this weird white border appeared out of no where when I printed a copy. Overall, I'm super happy with how my final project turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment