Sunday, May 12, 2013

P&G Mother's Day Designs

P&G decided to make a special shout out to all the baby mamas on Mother's Day by giving some good ole Mom advice a makeover. They posted some designs called "Thank You Mom"  onto their Pinterest account. It's amazing what some good typefaces and graphic design will do to some sayings that you've heard a million times.

 
I love this one because it uses that whole puzzle/fill in the visual blank aspect of graphic design in a super duper cute way. It's bright and light hearted like the quote and is relevant to the late spring/early summer season with its choice of ice cream graphics. I should go make the best of my day with ice cream all day everyday.



I've lost count how many times I've heard this quote, but it is true, and was actually something I needed to hear right now. This approach is very obvious but I still like it. They could've picked any image of a road but this landscape has good depth and the road looks pretty endless. The way the quote is displayed reminds me of an old movie credit since it's in white and curved at an angle.

Before I moved out on my own I honestly thought laundry and removing weird stains was some type of weird Mom magic you get once you become one. I asked my mom what I'm supposed to do the first time I tried to do laundry on my own and she told me those exact words. I'm usually not a fan of this font but it works for this design because it's very fluid and flowy like water. I really love the distressed blue because it reminds me of a pair of dirty denim jeans going through the wash. 

Another simple concept that works beautifully with the quote. Again, it makes you work to realize the message. The use of the circle with the cursive type font compliments it well and just makes sense. The bright colors also emphasize that motherly positive tone. 

And this last one because I've heard a variation of this during many heart aches and break ups I went through . The typography is just beautiful and romantic. It's sweet and puts an emphasis on the most important part of the message to me, which is "you will love again". The typeface used for the second half goes along with its the calm suggestion that it is. 





No comments:

Post a Comment