Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Creative Ad Awards

This site, www.creativeadawards.com, is an archive full of you guessed it - creative ads. Here are a couple that stood out to me.


From my guess, I'd have to say this ad deals with depression and how to get help. It's interesting because the copy is the smallest part of the ad when usually copy is just as large or emphasized as the visual part. What I like about the image is that it takes on a dark concept of depression, which is that most people who suffer from it have to go through life with a happy disguise on. I think this is very effective.


This is one of my favorite fashion ad campaigns of all time. I remember seeing this ad in an issue of NYLON a few years ago and thought it was brilliant. The typeface is bright, bold, and in your face paired with equally interesting, bright, and bold images. I think these ads really reach their target audience, which are young people, to remind them to live life to the fullest and be carefree. It's difficult to simply flip past an ad like this.


Overall I find this ad humorous, clever, and visually pleasing. They're obviously reaching out to photographers or photo lovers in this case by creating surreal images of fingers and DSLRs as romantic couples. Technically, replacing real people's heads with these objects is doable but these almost look too real. I love photography too but I don't know how I'd feel about people walking around with DSLRs and fingers for heads, getting married and making little DSLR/finger headed babies. There is little copy in this ad but I still think it's effective and gets its point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment