Thursday, May 16, 2013

Final Thoughts

I thought it'd be nice to dedicate my last blog post to what I got out of this class over the course of the semester. I got a lot more out of this class than I expected to. I knew absolutely nothing about Photoshop or InDesign before this class and now I feel like I have some good basic skills to improve upon. This semester, I took another class that used these programs along with Illustrator and it just didn't click. I was able to follow along with most of the skills that we learned. Aside from technical things, I learned more about myself creatively. I always felt like I had a good eye and was sort of aware of design, I just never saw myself as a designer. I really surprised myself with some of the work I accomplished throughout the semester. If I ever improve my technical skills and consider changing careers I'd possibly look into graphic design. It's nice to know that I can create things visually. I've always been a fan of do it yourself projects and now I can add onto it. For example in the future in a perfect world where things go my way  I make it as a writer, I'd totally be hands on and possibly try to create my own book cover. Perhaps this is because I'm a writer and enjoy reading but I've also discovered that I really admire typefaces. Weird right? I've always been slightly aware of design and its importance but I feel more aware of it now. It really is all around us and is incredibly vital to communication. Life would be less exciting without art. Overall I had a pretty good experience!

I even follow some graphic design-y related stuff on Tumblr now so I'll leave you with this.
 (P.S. Hope you all have a fantastic summer!)


No comments:

Post a Comment