Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Exercise 5

I don't know why but I went into this thinking that it'd be super difficult and that I'd be sitting in the library for hours and hours. It actually wasn't too bad! Out of most of the skills we learned so far I think I might find myself using this one again.

I'll admit, it's not perfect. I messed up at the very end (like I always do). I was following along pretty well and didn't get lost. I over did it when I was correcting the shading on her skin tone. Ugh Amelia Earhart why can't you just accept the fact that I'm trying to give you a make over?! But anyways - even though I said I'd use this skill again, I'm going to need a little more practice.

I realized you have to pay close attention to detail to perfect it. One little mistake and it'll pop out. This exercise made me realize how incredibly easy it is to doctor and manipulate photographs. I'm sure if I did this a little better it'd look more realistic. Everyone would be all "OMG we like totally found Amelia Earhart. Apparently she's immortal and has been assembling teams of lady pilots while we thought she was missing for the past century." On a slightly unrelated note, it helped me understand some photography terms, such as "burning" and "dodging". This will help me be able to edit photos in the future and make me sound like I know what I'm doing.

Practice makes perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment